THIS ARTICLE IS NOT UPDATED. WE ARE ON THE INTERCOM NOW!
JOIN US THERE AND WATCH ALL UPDATED PEERCLICK GUIDES!
You can set the encryption connection between the server and your visitors' web browser by turning on Secure Socket Layer (SSL) for your Custom Domain. This one is particularly important when you need to set up a secure connection for your campaign funnels. The below guide instructs you how to enable the SSL certificate for your Custom Domain.
BEFORE YOU START
Almost 90% of the Internet traffic is generated by modern browsers that support the SSL/TLS certificate. It means that when you set up the SSL option for your Custom Domain, most of your visitors will see campaigns that you are advertising. However, it might happen that some visitors cannot see the ad because they use the browser that does not support the encryption protocol (either TLS or SSL) option.
BROWSERS SUPPORTED WITH SSL
SSL is supported with all modern browsers as listed below:
BROWSERS UNSUPPORTED WITH SSL
In order to be able to use the secure connection for the Custom Domain assigned to your account, you need to turn it on in the PeerClick platform. To do so, follow the steps:
- Sign in to PeerClick.
- Click the Setting . Your account data view will show up.
- Go to the Domains tab. You will see all PeerClick domains assigned to your account.
- Go to the Domain section and click the Enable SSL link under the field of a domain where you want to put in a secure connection (https://). The pop-up window shows up.
- Verify the domain displayed in the field.
- Select the checkbox to confirm that you accept the terms & conditions of using the Custom Domain with the SSL option.
In order to be able to use the SSL option for your Custom Domain you need to read and agree with the adequate terms & conditions. Keep in mind that those terms & conditions are specifically Custom to using the SSL option and go beyond the typical terms & conditions defined in the PeerClick platform. You can find them on the PeerClick's official website: https://peerclick.com/terms-and-conditions/.
- Once you have agreed to the terms & conditions, click the Set it up button. The pop-up window closes.
You should get the message that the status of enabling the SSL certificate is pending: SSL pending request. You need to wait up to 30 minutes to make the SSL option enabled.
Once the status has changed to enabled for your Custom Domain, you can use the secure connection while setting up your campaign funnels.
It is recommended to disable the SSL certificate for the Custom Domain when you do not need to use the secure connection for the campaign funnels. To do so, click the Disable SSL link under the domain field.
Updated over 1 year ago